Dec 9, 2007

Hay Dairies Farm


Wow.. I did not know we have animal farms in Singapore. I like animals. :) We are now at Hay Dairies Farm.

The farm produces goat's milk for sale. We were late, and had missed the milking sessions (9am to 11am). Visitors can see the milking demonstration sessions during this time. I shall be back another day, and on time.

You can buy some dried grass from the shop to feed the goats at othis barn. The milking mothers stay in a different barn, and is off limits to visitors. Goats are sociable animals, playful and adorable. They are gentle too. Several kids were having a wonderful time, feeding and patting them. There are several breeds in this farm, and it is a good and fun place to learn more about the animal.

We bought few bottles of goat's milk. The milk is fresh, nutritious, and surprisingly tasty. There is a chocolate flavor, but it tastes strange. I perfer the original.

I'm happy to learn that the farmer, John Hay, takes good care of his "kids". (that was how he described his goats.) Do find out more about the goats, business and educational tours from http://www.haydairies.com.sg . The address: 3 Lim Chu Kang Lane 4, Singapore 718859. Call: (65) 6792 0931.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say 'HI'. And keep up the good work!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a student from Temasek Junior College and I'm here to ask you if I could include your photos of
Hay Dairies Farm in my team submission for NUS Geography Challenge 2011.
My team would very much like to include that in our project video and we hope you could give us
your permission.
Thanks!