Nov 20, 2007

Bottle Tree Park and Seletar Reservoir

I stopped at Bottle Tree Park last saturday. The garden cum seafood restaurant is a good place for the young and old to spend the weekends. You can fish in the big ponds or try to hook some prawns in a much smaller, but crowded pond. Kids can catch guppies in a "long kang" drain.

I stayed nearby, and is only 10 minutes walk to the park. (also 10 minutes walk from Khatib MRT station) The place was built only about a year ago.

Here you see children catching guppies in the "long kang".


I do not know of any other place in Singapore today, where kids can find such enjoyment. Although its not the "real" thing, it does bring them much fun.

At the other pond, just besides the "long kang", adults will wait patiently to fish a prawn..


5 minutes drive to the west from Bottle Tree Park, we reached Seletar Resevoir. You can identify this place by this "space ship" liked tower.

The place is quite romantic and I enjoy the peace and quietness here.

The trees are big and beautiful. The air is fresh. That was my first visit.. I would like to come here to jog another day.



No comments: